River Birch Candles wants you to have the best possible experience when you are enjoying our handmade products. Below are a few tips for the care and maintenance of our candles, so you can appreciate their high quality and fragrance longer.
A lighted candle is an open flame. Be careful. Always keep candles away from drafts, heat sources, and anything flammable. Make sure burning candles are out of the reach of children and pets. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- The first burn of a candle is the most important. When lighting a candle for the first time, burn until wax melts across the entire surface to liquefy the entire top layer. If the wax does not melt from edge to edge of the container, it will create a “memory ring”. Once a candle has a memory ring, it will continue to tunnel and will never burn evenly.
- Going forward, when you burn your candle, always allow the top layer to become a pool of liquid wax and you'll get the most fragrant scent possible.
- Keep the wick trimmed to 1/8 inch at all times.
- Ideally, burn River Birch Candles for 90 minutes to 2 hours. and never more than four hours at a time.
- Store candles in a cool, dark and dry place when not in use
When only 1/2" or 10mm of candle wax remains, it's time to discontinue use, and perhaps try a new River Birch Candle Scent.